Monday, May 18, 2009

... cud not think of a title

N I saw a pic where the leader of the opposition was wiping tears of his eyes, a man over 70 yrs, gave it all up. Men dont cry, not in public atleast, in the dark of night, in the corner of that room, behind that tabledesk, with their face covered when they are assured none is watching them, they shed the mask that shields them from every eye, and they let the tears flow. I dint like the pic though. I felt bad.

But I did realize what might hav made him do so, the moment he decided he's no more the leader of the opposition, not the person who's leading the next big party, not the public man, not someone who needs to be looked up to, he wnated to be the person he is in the dark of his soul, in there. Just a normal being who gave best of his years to his passion, with regrets , with delays, with PTMs missed, with all those fears, with that feeling, with the sense of being tired, with a relief, with the idea of being his own person, his own ideal, his own belief. He's been himself in that pic. , with his disappointments, with acceptance, with no speeches to give, no tales to tell. He is an old man.

I am the part of the so called youth, or maybe I am not. I think alike or not. I did vote, but was it to make a difference, or to have that mark on my finger, the mark of pride they say, but why dint the rest approve of my choice, we are different people, different ideas, different reasons. When I saw that man cry, I felt a pinch, a chill, they are the ones, we curse, or make decisions on, we claim or discaim them but how exactly do we decide. do we really know what we are looking for, a young leaer, a strong leader, we vote on an ideology or do we ever bother to read that manifesto. Well at least I dint have any such thing in mind.

Next day of elections my friend told me with a disappointed look on her face," someone had alraedy cast my vote.." I thought I didnt get it right, hows that possible, is that possible at all. she's a rebel unlike me. And with all these campaigns of you are asleep if not voting, she got hyper and did even create a scene but to no use. They asked her to cast a proxy vote. Left unmarked from that dot of pride, she was sure her vote was not counted. For her if the govt. is not what she chose, if at all, at least she knows why. but for others how do you explain?

Well the season is over now, an unexpected but albeit a better result, one big player better than many small ones.Some new face might even take over as the leader of the opposition, we forget the hullaboo and its all gone. The leader is no more a leader, a voter no more human. Everything well taken care of.

Big boys need to cry sometimes.

4 comments:

Aupsy-The cOOlest One!! said...

really!!! U care about the damned politics of this country? U really notice when a criminal-inside-a-politician cries for not getting the power he'd murdered so many people for??!!! And really...are u surprised when somebody is denied the right to vote coz sum1 else has already voted in their name??!!!

This is INDIA... if u care about these things enough to write about them, well then u'd have lots of things to care about for the rest of ur life... coz it'll all get to u someday...and me... coz we're INDIANS... :)

but leaving that aside, a very good post that even deserves a pie of the edit page of a leading newspaper!! why dont u try journalism ;)

Gemini said...

d fact kiddo is.. dat even u care bout the so called damned politics.. n thus follows a big comment on the post..
newaz i dont kno whether i care or not..
coz politics wasnt the reason this post originated..
that old man's moist eyes were..
n maybe I do care, coz I dont see the criminal u see in there.. like you said am not able to see what other ppl can..
if there's any criminal inside a politician...there's gotta b one in here also...

Aupsy-The cOOlest One!! said...

m not commenting because of any interest...
m jus surprised that it bothers u when people u dont even know shed crocodile tears, WILL YOU WRITE A BLOGPOST IF YOU SEE SOMEONE CLOSE TO U CRYING???!!! Sigh...

think about it...
We people are one crazy lot. :)

Gemini said...

again the point is, I dint see them as crocodile tears, I saw a tired man, who gave up.
n i might never write a post if I see someone close to me crying,
coz.. tat's not wat I do...
i might write one though wen they dont shed those tears but I can see them droping...