Sunday, May 24, 2009

The terrace and the clock tower!




Years passed, both of us have spent minutes, hours and days standing on that terrace, staring the moon. This was going to be the longest moment we have spent here. You were coming for long now. I was getting ready since morning hours. Never before have I asked that mirror on the wall, if am the one it has been letting in for decades now. It struck midnight. I rushed to the spot of your arrival. Like always I was the one reaching early.

Never mind the wait today, I have been waiting. One look at the clock tower, and I could hear your voice, from my behind. I dint turn just to see you in time. The minutes hand was moving very slowly, how both of us have constantly kept an eye on it, just to see it move. You tell me, its gonna be dawn soon and the sun will rise, your moon will disappear and will never arise. It made me scared, the thought of not seeing the moon again, made me shiver. My moist eyes when I hide, from you to the other side, you seem to realize. The next thing that ever came out of your mind, its your moon, its my sun’s guiding light. If there’s a tomorrow, the sun will arrive, and the moon will follow close behind, you tell me every night. I close my eyes and I hear the clock strike 3 in the night.

Did I see you and you left with the moon or you dint appear, and it’s still fine. I heard the footsteps and the tower I turned back again to. You stood still. I could feel you. Have we been there together before, I have a feeling, a stranger standing on the terrace tonight. Not even taking those last steps that take you to my shadow falling beside. You have been away for a while, and the moon you took along too. Maybe you are a little shy, maybe you’ve changed too. But am still gazing at the sky, today a moonless night. Dint you bring the moon, you once said is the one who guides.

I want to turn around, to see your face after such a long time. Call my name so that I have a reason to smile. Silence, is that all you came here for. This terrace we have stayed awake on. The clock strikes a four. Nothing else came out of your mind, something to follow, when again the tears I try to hide. I turn around. Are you not there?
There you hold me tight, in your arms you hideout the time n the watery eyes I close infinite, never to open again to see a moonless sky.

1 comment:

Aupsy-The cOOlest One!! said...

nice one ma'm... seems like a leaf straight out of a romantic story :)