Wednesday, January 27, 2010

the fire I dreamt!


It was red, a little warm it felt, I was going into it or coming out I recall not. My life, they changed it day before yesterday, when they asked me to turn his bride, he is my better half. His hand in mine, a dream I was made to see, from the day my dreams started appearing to me, in full bright lights. It took me a month to finalize the ring I had seen myself putting into his fingers, n his moving into mine like slipping into butter.The nerve that connects to the heart it says. He was my dream or so I saw. I left my Dad's hands , his fingers were hard to slip, coz mine have been stuck to his for ages now. He said " He loves you a lot, I know, Go and see for yourself, he'll be there by your side the day you breathe your last, for he is your prince, charming away into the night bright..." I nodded.
I could just roll around , my feet were trembling. The first step I took into his house, I took a good minute to recall all I have seen in my dream. I closed my eyes, in the hustle bustle of his family, n his friends. My friends I forgot, as if they never existed, I forgot the one I thought I'd take along n hold his hand, turn around to ask him wat next. Alone there, his hand slipped into mine, held me tight, n said " Its me, with you always, take this step further, n I welcome you in my life, take a while if you wish to, but I assure you, am the one you are gonna find, when you need that hand you so longed for all through this life. I am yours for forever from tonight." I stepped in.
A slight flame appeared, I opened my eyes, the vows were clear. I looked for his eyes, when I repeated mine. I called out his name, how could he not hear the voice he said he cannot sleep without at night. The finger was turning gray. The nerve that took his love to my heart was not flowing the right way. I saw, blood oozing out of my feet, the color hadnt yet washed of the doorstep I entered in. My steps they counted, they said its a new beginning. The body is melting, wasnt it the warmth I craved.I was breathing my last, and he was there too. His hand I can figure out but this heat is making me sway, the eyes are tough to keep open. His hand he said was holding on to mine, but today when he threw the matchstick to the red end of my favourite wedding dresses, he gave not to me what my Dad told me was mine, all he could give me was a smile. n I smiled.
My dream was complete today, as they say it ends well, unless there's something left. My prince found a place for me, my ashes he'd spread in this palace I was gifted. Dreams you live, n happiness you find, if day two is when you burn, find your light. There stands a lady in white, n she tells you, " You are a burnt duck n grilled into time, to find your real face, your body is just a peck of scars, hidden behind the veil you wore. Come my girl, its time to take another birth, go give them the inspiration to poets, the shoulder to the crying, the solution to the one seeking, the body to the craving, the food to the hungry, feed milk to the little one, n then when they are done go find your corner, n come back."

4 comments:

rananjay said...

why does it always hav to end like this..dam...!!! and a little feminist it is in the end...see..even grooms hav roles to play..

Gemini said...

of course they do, who gets to burn a life, they do...

Aupsy-The cOOlest One!! said...

oh...zyaada tragic ho gaya! didnt expect it to end this way!!! But too good... a real poetic prose... ur'e back at ur best ;)

Gemini said...

haa.. u r back n dats more important.. :)